Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This one is just for fun


If anyone had ever told me I would have five or six hundred dollars in a .22 rifle, I would have laughed in their face, and been wrong.


A few years ago I fell in love with the Ruger 10-22, along with almost everyone that has ever pulled the trigger on one. I was pilfering around a pawn shop in Fayetteville, and found a version with a .9 inch barrel and a scope already mounted. It was blued, and being the lazy dog that I am, I wanted stainless. I continued to search in all the usual places and eventually found one, $450 later it was mine. I added a 3 to 9 scope and later a Blazer thumb hole stock. Of course every 10-22 owner MUST have a collection of 25 to 50 round clips, and I do.


This is the Love of My Life's favorite rifle. We go to the range and shoot clay birds at 100 yards, then we shoot the pieces. Great fun, and inexpensive.