Thursday, April 26, 2007

Carbon foot print?

To all the Hollywierd dogooders, how big is your foot print?

And what are you going to do about it?

That would be other than tell me how much I need to sacrifice.

I have a forty year old house, do I get to amortize my carbon debt over the time that I live here? If I'm not buying a new place, that's a savings, right?

All my cars and trucks are old, not very efficient, but better than making new ones and still have to buy fuel, right?

The place I work produces energy with no carbon involved, that should have a positive effect on my carbon footprint, right?

Now climb your butt out of your limo, jet, tour buss, multi million dollar mansion, and explain to me how you are changing your life to save the planet.

Are you going to ration your sanitary necessities?

Are you going to car pool to your next gig?

Are you going to plow up the lawn to plant some organic vegetables?

Are you going to start beating your clothes on a rock to clean them?

Didn't think so. Dead beats. Loud mouthed, ignorant, know it alls, with a big soap box and no sack.

It's put up, or shut up time.

1 comment:

HollyB said...

Hear, hear. Well said!