Sunday, June 10, 2007

Neutron Pusher

PawPaw was writing about requal, I feel your pain brother. We requal seven weeks a year, generally there is a written test, and one week there are five Job Performance Measures that must be performed without error or omission. Additionally we must do computer based requal for radiation protection, security, emergency preparedness,hazmat shipping, that’s just part of it. Last time I looked there was four pages of stuff I get tested on, one task per line. We also have firefighter, first responder and confined space rescue.

There may be an end to it, I just haven't found it yet. Please remember, I don't have an NRC licence. That would be worse by orders of magnitude.

As it is I just have to learn about a Britannica worth of stuff.

It could be worse, it could be raining.

No comments: