Thursday, December 20, 2007

I wonder what some people are thinking, then I remember, probably nothing.

I was searching for a fuel tank for my big truck today, and decided to ask one of the salvage yard people if he knew of any. He was nice enough and sent me off on a wild goose chase into the nether regions of the island of broken toys.

That means I zigged when I should have zagged, and walked further than I should have.

I ran into him a little later and he stopped to check on my progress. We were chatting about the purpose of the tank I was looking for, when he mentioned he was a subcontractor in the yard. The details continued until he mentioned that he had already received about a hundred thousand dollars from the yard in the last three months. Not to bad, except he was paying the workers cash, and not paying estimated taxes or with holding any taxes, or FICA, or anything.

Holy cow!!!

Can you imagine the look on his face when he gets his tax bill?

I sent him to an accountant, and told him he would be lucky to stay out of prison.

He was trying to help some people who probably can't get work any where, other than an off the radar job, and he is gonna be so busted.

No comments: